To make sure you move goes without any glitches, try to keep the following in mind.
- Before you move, be sure to cancel that electricity, water, etc.
- Cancel the newspaper and bread/milk deliveries in advance.
- Be sure to cancel the phone account, and call before you leave to make sure.
When you choose a firm to do the removals there are many things to keep in mind.
- It is usually best if you can work with a personally recommended firm. Ask around and know what to expect.
- Be sure to book well in advance, and call again later to confirm.
- One major factor might be the costs involved, but keep in mind what you get extra for the higher costs.
- Also, be sure to find out if they offer insurance. If they don’t, arrange for extra insurance with your local insurance dealer/broker.
- When packing, be sure to pack everything in steady boxes and label them accordingly. Do not just number the boxes, as you will most likely forget what you stored in box #13 a week later.
- Keep your essentials together in one or two clearly marked boxes.
- Keep all your valuables and jewellery with you all the time.
- Be sure to wrap your glassware and other fragile goods in newspaper.
One more thing to keep in mind is your children & pets. They would most likely be annoyed with the whole moving process. Take your children and pets to the family for the day. Pets can be taken to a vet for an injection so that they can travel without fear.